Monday, April 20, 2009

drooling.....



Hi girls!

Do you have a hankie with you?

You might need one for this post...mine is right next to me!

Today we're talking bags.

It seems that this time of year is when I always start to look for my new handbag.

~sigh~

You understand the correlation, right?

Spring is a time for renewal and new.

Smart girls.

I have two very favorite things that I love to shop for.

Handbags and jeans.

These are the two things that I rationalize spending money on...

two things that blow the budget.

Today we are focusing on handbags.

(oh my! I'm so excited just typing about this)

All I will say is that it all began 5 years ago walking into Louis Vuitton.

*shameless name dropper, I know*

So...this year my search has already begun.

I'm looking for something with color.

I'm thinking bright greens and purples.

(hold on...need my hankie...already drooling)

Okay~

Let's move onto to what I've been looking at.

I'm dying to know what you think of these girls!

~~~


This one above is a Kooba Bucket Bag.

She's beautiful. No?

I think she looks fun.

I love her in this shade of purple and can see myself carrying her when going to run errands with the children...or for shopping in Scottsdale with Mr C.

(I do refer to all of my bags as "her" or "she")

AAhhhh...this is a Botkier Pleated Hobo and she is calling my name.

I can see her on my shoulder walking through Anthro looking for my next tea towel.

~~do you have goosebumps too~~


Another green bag.

This is a Botkier Pleated Satchel.

Her sister is the bag above.

Definitely a fun bag to carry to the movies or to dinner at Firebirds with Mr C.

I think my next bag just might be green.

Or...maybe it will be purple...

~~~



This is also a Botkier Soft Pleated Tote.

I love a good tote...don't you?

I love all of the dangly leather threads.

She is so bright and must definitely be carried only on special trips to the flea or antiquing with sister.

One cannot carry such a beautiful bright bag on the daily.

(Although...one would certainly like to!)
~~~

So girls...let me know what you think of these.

Can I pull of a bright green or purply bag?

Are there any other bags that I need to know about?

I'm ready to buy...but the sensible Mr C thinks I should wait until our trip to San Diego this summer.

I'm not so sure I like it when he is sensible.



6 comments:

3 Including Me... said...

Im loving the Botkier Pleated Hobo !!!! Now thats a fun blog!

Jeanne Oliver said...

You are so funny. I agree though...a good pair of jeans and an amazing purse is worth the money.

Anonymous said...

I'm crazu about this Botkier runway hobo in green! I think the shape is so original. Does anyone know where i can get this?

Kasey said...

absolutely!
i totally agree.
xo

Tara said...

I love the Botkier Pleated Satchel, so cute! I agree a good pair of jeans and a perfect purse always makes me feel good, even when my hair is a mess! :) Good luck choosing~

Rebecca said...

just to mention...a found all bags at Nordstrom...my second home!