Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Hi girls.
First off~
Let it be known that I am a girly girl from my curly hair down to my pedicured toes.
But.........
I do love to follow (some) sports.
Mr C is entirely responsible for this.
Mr C sits with me every night and watches my design shows and keeps me company while I get my reality TV fix on the telly...so I decided early on in our relationship to reciprocate and watch the shows he enjoys.
This would include sports.
And pretty much only sports.
Sport, sports and more sports.
In the 2 years we have been sharing life...I have seen him through 2 Fantasy Football leagues, (Mr c has agreed to start a Fantasy Football League for myself and my girlfriends...you want in?), cheered with him for Superbowl games (Go Steelers),
and have sat in a sports bar for 4 hours in San Diego during our summer vacation to watch the basketball championship last year while the beach sat half a mile away waiting for me to just dip my toes in the water.
I deserve an award.
~
I have more sports knowledge than any of my girlfriends and I think I could put a few fellas to shame with what I have going on upstairs in the sports trivia section of my brain.
To be honest...
I love it.
LOVE. IT.
I have developed true girly crushes on some teams (and lots and lots of those good looking athletes) and am now adding very chic vintage sports t's to my wardrobe.
Try and pair up a vintage girl's Steelers T-shirt with a pair of True Religion Jeans and heals...You'll love it...trust me!!
So...I thought today I would share just a bit of my favorite NBA team...it is playoff time girls.
(please just indulge me)
I am all about the Boston Celtics.
I wear my green shirt with pride and do believe that it brings the team good luck.
After all...they did win last night right after I adorned the Lucky Green T.
In fact...I have 2 more coming in the post and I can hardly wait.
My sister is probably rolling her eyes right now...she always asks what happened to me!
Sheesh...can't a girl be girly and love sports?
Did I really just say that?
Anyway...if you watch the playoffs with your hubs or because you like the game yourself...give a little shout out to the Celtics...and send them some love.
m
P.S.
If you do watch...check out Kevin Garnett and my Favorite...Paul Pierce...they are so dreamy.
Oh...and Eddie House...he's a fox too.
See girls...sports has it perks!
~


5 comments:

Brooke & Freeland said...

Rebecca! I just wanted to say thank you for your sweet comment on my blog! The fact that you are excited for us means a lot and we definitely feel encouraged! You are also an inspiration.. your family is precious too! And can you please share your secret on how you look so amazing after having kids? I hope I look that great after Freeland & I have kids!

Please dont feel like you need to send us anything! I did put the link on my blog but I just wanted you to know that you dont have to do that. Your excitement and encouragement is more than enough! Thank you again! (ps. I think the story of your son at the raffle was adorable!)

Brooke

tara said...

U are too cute! I have to admit I don't mind sports, in little doses that is! I can watch football and actually know what is going on, but I think my favorite part is kicking it during a Sunday at a bar watching football with some friends, I just find that fun for some reason~ u go girl with your Team Jersey, True Religion jeans and Heels, love it!

Kasey said...

alright. I admit it.....i don't know the first thing about sports.
hubs takes the tele downstairs, and i take the one up, and we go on our seperate ways.
I did go to a few games here and there, but sorry.....
don't hate me...
xo

Jeanne Oliver said...

I do not know anything about most sports....but if anyone could pull off designer jeans and a sports tee...it would be you!!!!

girllovesclothes said...

sports.
hmmm.
i guess i could get into it.
{you took me off your fav's?}