Friday, April 10, 2009

decatur street turtles

i know it's quite strange to post about my children's turtles...




but these pets are amazing and low low maintenance.
If you have access to some grass, water and a little shade...you have a good home for one of these.


We have 2 turtles...shelby and lucky.
Mr C is not a fan of the turtles.


Doesn't "understand" the point of them.


Doesn't think they are cool like I do.


Um...what's to understand?


How does this man (who is intelligent otherwise) think that carrying your home on your back coupled with the ability to fake like a rock is not cool?


Really.


My response to his snarky turtle remarks usually ends with the fact that these guys are going to:


A. Give our grandchildren rides around the yard because they will be as big as... well..as big as big big turtles...


and B.


They are going to outlive all of us.
Oh...and by the way...turtle poops have no smell.
Can't say the same about my Dear Mr C.
I'm just sayin'.


















3 comments:

Full House said...

This is so funny!!

I was just actually asking my sister if she could think of any pet that would not die while I was alive.

I actually just lost my dog that I got my senior year. She was pretty old for a dog but I don't think I could ever get another pet if it was going to die.

Mr. C clearly needs to re-evalute this:-)

sherry said...

I think they are kind of cute;)

Ashley said...

Oh my gosh, your turtles have gotten huge! Last time I saw them they were still in the little aqaurium. I wonder if I could talk Kyle into trading Deisel the dog for a turtle. ;)