Tuesday, April 28, 2009

creating my space

My decorative heart has been inspired.

My living room has frustrated me for some time.

It's "put together" and has some great pieces of furniture in it...it is just lacking the breath-taking...I can't stand being in any other room but this one factor.

So...I am changing that.

I am challenging myself to really "put -it- together!"

I have been digging through photos and flipping page after page of design magazines trying to relate to a style and find out how to put my essence into this room.

It has been my difficult room.

I have a hard time labeling my style because girls...I am all over the board.

I love vintage style and the rooms layered with billowy clouds of white.

I love dark pieces of furniture that make bold statements too.

Lately, I have been looking to bloggy friends for inspiration in my search.

I absolutely adore Tara's home photos.

She has great style and the sweetest personal touches.

I want to jump into Kasey's pictures of her home and just stay there for a couple of days (or until she kicks me out!)

For myself and my room challenge....

I have decided to stay true to my first design style that I fell in love with years ago....

The French Country room.

I adore large pieces of rustic furniture layered with antique vases and romantic colors.

I crave large baskets and Earthy tones with a hint of color here and there.

I found some photos of what I am inspired by and some ideas that are taking over in my brain.


Look what I have found:


~doesn't everyone need one of these~

~i think mine would have a big basket on top and an old galvanized bucket filled with lavender next to it~




~ i love the reds in this room~


~this room will still let me have some of the whites that i like with a little more rustic feel~




~must love a sofa overflowing with pillows~







~this is my ideal space...to me this is perfection...~




~ do you love the touches in this room as much as i do~







~a little yellow sure does brighten up the room doesn't it~

~i would surely sit in this room with a good book and my morning coffee~






~look at those floors~

~can somebody install those for me pleeease~









~i think i borrowed this photo from tara's blog and i was so excited coming across it because i have the same chairs in my garage waiting to be reupholstered~



So there you have it girls...

Next I will posting pictures of my front room and I will be showing the transformation into my French Country space.

I am so excited and I can hardly wait to get started.
m










(all photos are from country living)

1 comment:

Tara said...

IT IS HARD, huh? :) I think you have chosen some great photos for inpsiration, and I think you are on the right track..and girl if you get those chairs i am drooling over with the flowy detail on the skirt,I will just have to scream...Can't wait to see your room all together..and thank you for your sweet comments! :)